Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Warren-related video

Really this blog isn't all about Elizabeth Warren, I promise. And I'm actually posting this not because of Warren but because I got a better sense of Timothy Geithner from this hearing than I have before. Perhaps that is because I mostly only encounter people talking about Geithner after small sound bites rather than actually seeing the man speak for himself for extended periods. There are some dodges and some sound bites, but overall I got a sense that Geithner really believes that Treasury is doing what it can. I don't think he is very happy with the choice set, and his beliefs may be wrong, but I have a clearer sense that he is acting in good faith and with honesty than I had before. Maybe this is the equivalent of Bush "looking him in the eyes" but there ya have it. At least I am not the leader of the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment